Today’s post will be slightly different partly because I’m on leave and feel like having an informal sit down but also because I am doing something right now that I think can benefit us all. It was mental health week at some point this year, but I’m sure you can guess by the fact I don’t quite remember the dates how little I care for it. Well it’s definitely not for the reasons that you think. You see, to me mental health week happens 52 times a year. We can’t have special awareness days or weeks then return to our old ways until the next one. Can you imagine how frustrated and unpleasant we would be if caring for our well being wasn’t a daily priority? Every day should be intentional, every hour should bring self awareness, and every minute should be embraced. In light of the mental health life that we should be living, let’s do something a little different.
I have a few questions to ask you and hope that you will be open and honest. If you feel comfortable, please do post your answers in the comment section, but if not I still urge you to answer these questions for yourself. Before we continue, please grab a pen and paper… not your phone, because we need to something a little drastic once it’s over.
Here we go:
- When was the last time you spoke positively about yourself?
- When was the last time you looked in the mirror and smiled at your reflection?
- How often do you block off some time to pamper yourself or do something you love? (yes, exercise counts)
- If you were told that today is your last day to live, can you honestly say that you have made sure those that you love are aware of how important they are to you?
- Have you been restricting food that you enjoy or not worn something you like because of how you will look?
Here comes the weird part: leave a huge space and write down 5 things that you hate about yourself and your life.
Now please rip off the bottom section, grab a lighter and burn it up because there is no room for negativity in a positive life. Take it from me, you cannot be happy until we truly let go of everything holding you back.
Here are my answers 🙂
- I last spoke positively about my body on Sunday.
- I looked in the mirror yesterday and smiled because my hair looked messy – not in a bad way, I liked that I could look messy around hubby and still feel cute.
- I last blocked some time for my exercise on Monday, but I will make sure to swim this afternoon.
- My people know I love them 🙂 a little too much maybe!
- I have been living in sweats and yoga pants lately because nothing else fits… but I’m ok with that.
I’m anxious. I’m scared to try new things. I get nervous when I speak to people. I hold myself back for fear of rejection. I don’t believe in my own capabilities.
Time to turn over a new leave… Burn baby burn!